Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Terrorists and Adoption

Yeah, these topics don't really have anything to do with each other, but that's what's been on my mind.

Of course, everyone's talking about Osama's death. I was on a hike/picnic with some church people yesterday when I heard the news. One of the ladies asked why this husband had his iPhone out, and he replied that they just heard some crazy news: Osama bin Laden is dead. Wow. One man kept going around going "Obama got Osama." True, it is kind of a funny rhyme.

For me personally, I have mixed feelings. I am glad that justice has been done, but I don't feel like I can necessarily rejoice. Kendra at Subtle Things summed it up nicely, if you'd like to check out her post Blown Away.

I was thinking about Micah 6:8 "He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." I think that acting justly is great, but we can't forget the walking humbling part. Both are important.

On another note, I ran across an awesome blog that talks a lot about adoption. This lady has adopted two children and has four children under the age of five! One adoption was domestic and one was international. She has so many good articles on the process, adoption issues, and daily life. I like that she doesn't sugarcoat anything. She discusses all of the hard things like attachment problems and racism and red tape. She even discusses differing views on things like transracial, international, and celebrity adoption. If you're interested in adoption at all, then check it out! And even if you're not, it'll make you smarter.

If you're not able to adopt right now (or ever), she also talks about ways you can help out. I found this really helpful! If some of you are serious about loving with your actions (not just words) check out this article. And here's her actual blog.

Have any of you considered adoption? Why or why not?

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I got a shoutout! I read through that lady's article you linked, and I'm intrigued by this CARE idea--being an advocate for kids in the system? Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments just as much as fresh guacamole and chips! Well, maybe not quite that much...